Friday, June 17, 2011

breakfast

Leadership is practiced not so much in words as in attitude and in actions.
Harold S. Geneen

By the time I eat breakfast, I had already;
·         Several glasses of water (essential for your metabolism, regulating body temperature, blood circulation - remember body exist out of 70-75% water)
·         Pre-workout snack approx 45 minutes prior to my workout (isolate protein shake, banana and spoon of peanut butter with omega 3 - to stop the cortisol hormone)
·         During the workout; I sip on water mixed with BCAA and some protein (help restore the body)
·         Post workout drink; simple carbs, isolate protein, essential amino, glutamine, creatine etc.

All meals (3 meals and 3 snacks) are important, but the most important is breakfast. It is essential to start your metabolism, but also for a healthy mindset, to start and continue the day in a healthy manner.

Following is an example of my breakfast;
·         I have a whey isolate shake (Whey isolate is being absorbed quickly in the body) with V8 (since I am not a vegetable lover) and blueberries (as an antioxidant).
·         6 egg white omelet (a more slowly digesting protein) served on a small plate (so visually it looks bigger and it tricks the brain quicker your are full)
·         1 cup of oatmeal (complex carb - made with water) with cinnamon powder sprinkled on top (Many studies have shown positive effects of cinnamon — on blood sugar, insulin response, and even cholesterol).
·         A few almonds (good fats)

After breakfast I have some green tea (that will help give energy and help increase the metabolism). However during my meal I don’t drink. I will drink constantly water during the day.

Concentrate all of your thoughts on the task at hand. The sun's rays do not burn until brought to a focus.
Alexander Graham Bell

No comments:

Post a Comment