Monday, May 14, 2012

LLS Fundraiser

Mervyn Tugendhaft

Donate Now one week left!!!
Dear Friends and SMC members,
It all started a few years ago, when I had a crazy idea, and organized the first Train the Trainer event to help support the Leukemia Lymphoma Society. This event would give clients the opportunity to make a bid, with the winning bidder the chance to train a trainer for a full hour, and do what ever they wanted. Not realizing what I had started, and not knowing the “vindictive” side of our clients, who at the high end, contributed over $1,000 per session to train a trainer, I raised over $15,000 over several events.

After last year’s Train the Trainer, I was asked to compete for the LLS Man of the Year award. I was not sure if I could follow in the foot steps of some of the previous winners, with some fundraising roughly between $50,000 to $100,000. However, when hearing that my good friend’s mother died of Lymphoma in 2010, I had a mission to compete and to try to win.  Therefore, I accepted this challenge to compete for LLS Man of the Year.

I am truly pleased with the support and donations I have received over the past few weeks from friends, family and SMC members during the SMC group exercise class fundraiser, to support my Leukemia and Lymphoma Society’s (LLS) 2012 Man of The Year Award run.  I have to admit that some of the classes I took were more challenging than I anticipated. But of course with the support and encouragement from the group instructors and members, it became a fun experience. Therefore, I would like to thank all of the instructors and members who participated in those classes for their support and enthusiasm.

Also, I wanted to take this opportunity to thank Saw Mill Club for their support and to giving me the opportunity to do my fundraiser in the club. SMC is truly a classy organization which supports and encourages community fundraiser like mine.

With no further ado, it’s my pleasure to inform you that I raised over $5,500 during the group exercise classes, which was only possible thru YOUR generosity. Every dollar YOU donated is a vote for me and a step closer to having a cancer research program named after Joan Richman, and becoming LLS’s Man of the Year 2012. 

If you haven’t donated yet, I am certain you will consider making a donation to this worthy cause. 
All donations should be made before May 18th!!

To visit my personal website address and for donations: http://wch.mwoy.llsevent.org/mervyntugendhaft

Thank you,

No comments:

Post a Comment