Saturday, May 19, 2012

Man of the Year winner


Dear Family and, friends,
As you might know, the last 10 weeks I have been competing for the Man & Woman of the Year Campaign to benefit The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS). I truly feel blessed with the love, support and donations I have received over the past few weeks from family, friends and others, to support my Leukemia and Lymphoma Society’s (LLS) 2012 Man of The Year Award run.  

My goal was to raise enough money so that an LLS research program could be established in honor of Joan Richman (in the US) and also one LLS research program on Honor of Jacques and Viviane Snoek combined (in Holland).

Especially because of the enormous support of Michael Richman in the US and Evelyn and Max de Jong in The Netherlands, we were able to raise over $159,000 for LLS. Therefore, it is my privilege to let you know, that because of your incredible generosity, we have been able to succeed in our mission!! In fact we have surpassed our goal, and therefore, a LLS research program will be named in honor of Joan Richman, as well as an individual research program in honor of Jacques and Viviane Snoek!

However, the real reason that I was running for Man of the Year, is because I am very grateful to the Leukemia Lymphoma Society with the progress they have made in regards to finding a cure against cancer over the years. I have a dear family member who was diagnosed with Lymphoma in 2001. Without the research that is being funded by LLS, he would not be with us anymore.

With no further ado, it’s my pleasure to inform you that I was awarded the prestigious LLS Man of the Year award for Westchester County. Because of the incredible amount (far beyond my expectations) I continue to run for Man of the Year on a national level.

I will keep you all informed about the progress of my additional nomination, and again wanted to thank every single one of you from the bottom of my heart for your love and support!


Mervy

No comments:

Post a Comment